The Christmas holidays are a time of excess. Moderation tends to go out the window! We eat so much food we have to loosen our belts, we have one drink too many and plenty of there’s always a fair few stressful moments!
Whether you love or hate the festive season it is a good idea to have a festive ‘first aid’ kit in your cupboard to help you get through he holidays.
Here are my top 5 favourite festive first aid supplements.
- Digestive enzymes: These are important if you find yourself eating more than you usually would and you want to avoid the bloating and discomfort that might come with it. They are especially important if you are eating foods that you would usually avoid because they disagree with you.
- Vitamin C: A large dose of powdered vitamin C is a great way to get rid of the fog of a festive hangover. You can take some in a large glass of water both at the end of a drinking session and again the morning after.
- Vitamin D: By December our vitamin D levels could be running low and this means we’re more susceptible to colds and flu. Keep your levels topped up to avoid succumbing to the festive lurgy this Christmas.
- Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (DGL): If you suffer with the pain of reflux you might want to have some DGL to hand. DGL helps to soothe the pain of reflux. This means you can avoid the side effects of antacid medication.
- L-theanine: My personal favourite for ameliorating the effects of stress. L-theanine can have you feeling calm and in control in about 20 minutes. Try it if you struggle with the pressures the holidays bring.